Discovering an Off-the-Radar, Skin-Saving Wonder Ingredient
Meadowfoam Seed Oil
While researching natural and certified organic ingredient labs, I discovered the youth-boosting benefits of a little-known oil from the Limnathes alba – or Meadowfoam -- flower, found exclusively in the Pacific Northwest after sampling it from a lab located in that region.
Intrigued by its feather-light, quick-absorbing texture, I began incorporating it into my facials and was impressed with the instant glowing results my clients achieved. I worked with a chemist to combine Meadowfoam Seed Oil with other super-powered ingredients and developed formulas that bring balance, harmony and life back to stressed skin. This multi-tasking wonder oil became the hero ingredient across my entire line, for a product collection that’s innovative, effective, and eco-luxe.
Why I Love It!
- It’s very close in composition to skin’s natural sebum, allowing it to absorb very easily into the skin.
- It’s extremely effective for balancing over-production of sebum in combination skin and helps heal acne-prone skin.
- It’s like a “kiss of youth” for all skin types. Though it’s supremely nourishing and hydrating, it’s not heavy and doesn’t sit on top of the skin or clog pores. It instantly penetrates deep into skin, plumping and locking in moisture.
- It’s also the perfect boost for other powerful ingredients, helping them to penetrate fully for maximum benefits.
- It restores the skin with superior antioxidants and essential fatty acids to help fight the signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles.
- It’s extremely stable and prevents other oils in the formulation from oxidizing, prolonging shelf-life and keeping the product more effective when exposed to heat or air.
- It’s benefits are more than skin-deep – Meadowfoam Seed Oil is also sustainable and eco-friendly, and is often used as a rotation crop by farmers, making it the ultimate green beauty powerhouse.